About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Brief Update

Let's see. A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks. To begin with, there was the earthquake and tsunami. We've recieved lots of inquiries as to how we are doing. We are doing well. We live a bit south of all the damage. Everyone here is remaining calm and springing to action where possible. Information is being passed along quickly and a town hall meeting was held last night. Lots of plans are being made and people are working on relief efforts.

In addition to that, Zach had pink eye. That was my first experience with it. His eye looked awful when he woke up Monday morning. This past week was standardized testing so Charlie and I worked a compromise where he stayed with Zach in the morning so I could administer the test then I took a half day for the afternoon. We only had to do that two days and he was good to go back to daycare. I have just had to go over on my lunch to administer the antibiotic ointment.

Clara Grace lost her third tooth tonight. It has been loose for a while. I was messing with her tonight and she was eating apple slices when it nearly came out. She got a little concerned and wouldn't let me touch it. I then noticed that she could press her tongue against it and it was completely horizontal, nearly sticking out past her lip. I found that hysterical and wanted to take a picture to show just how loose it was. I got in position to take the sillouette shot when she pressed her tongue against the back of the tooth...and the tooth came off on her tongue! She sort of went spastic at that moment and the tooth shot out on the floor...too bad I missed the picture. She is now in bed with the tooth sealed in an envelope ready for the tooth fairy. Our tooth fairy brings books and I have a hunch she'll deliver a Big Apple Barn book called A Sassy Surprise. The irony is that she has lost two of her three teeth on a Friday that we ordered pizza.

Oh, if you would like to chuckle at my lack of grace, I have a tale for you. I was sorting through mail and dropped a paper on the floor. I bent down to pick it up and completely misjudged the distance between me and the table. I nailed my nose on the way down and was at first concerned I might have broken it but quickly ruled that possibility out, but there was blood and it continues to be tender.

It is late and I'm at a loss for any other interesting tidbits to share right now. As I have concrete information to report on what is happening here, I'll share it.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Tiff,
I am a friend of your mom. We go back long before you and your sister were even thought about. My name is Melody Ray, you can e-mail me if you would like, I am sure glad that you and your family are safe and will be in my prayers for a long time. You can ask your mom about me if you would like. Here is my address Speciallady 7114@yahoo.com.

Have a Blessed and wonderful Day
Melody Ray