About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday, Jose!

Today we celebrated Jose's 2nd birthday.  We ordered an elk antler and squeaky duck, which he really is enjoying.


 Later, although not for his birthday, we decided to get some outdoor activity with...you guessed it...sledding.  On the way, I saw the snow plows coming and decided to snap a picture.  Only five in a row this time, but it is impressive how dedicated the city is to keeping the streets clear.
 Gracie didn't want to miss out on the fun of being pulled, so plopped on her disc and grabbed hold of Zach's sled.  Poor Chuck!
 Our favorite sledding site!
 Look at Chuck go!

 I took a picture of this guy after going down on a snowboard.  I wish I had gotten a picture of the guy there skiing.  




 Gracie was able to play with a friend from school.  


 Yes, Zach and I walked through this, but I refused to go back in.  There is something alarming about going through and finding wooden beams inside as though they are attempting to provide additional support.  It was creepy for me.  Zach wanted to go back.
 Here is one of my footprints.  I'd love to know just how deep the snow is.  We frequently get small amounts and then the wind also blows it around.  There are clear paths where it is pressed and supporting you, which we mainly stay on.  Here, I veered off the path and sunk to my knees, but you can tell it isn't the bottom.



0 comments: