About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Coming to America Part 2

After three days in Alabama, the kids and I packed up and headed back to Chattanooga.  On the way, we stopped to visit with Papaw Carter.  We enjoyed the visit and I was impressed to know that he was going to bail hay after we left!  
 
 Once back in Chattanooga, we had dinner with the family.  Granny Marg, Aunt Korin and Larry all came.  On a side note, I should never be surprised, but I am absolutely amazed at the amount of food that is put out.  This was at gathering we experienced.  There was no shortage of yummy food to be had!  The next morning Mimi took us to the Chattanooga Zoo.  We really enjoyed it, and it was Zach's first zoo experience.  After that, Mimi endured being drug around while I did school shopping.  We hit McKay's Used Books, the teacher supply store, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart.  An additional trip to a different Walmart was necessary.  We now have plenty of school supplies, and I was pleased to find several fleece garments for the kids too. I spent much of the next day packing those materials into two boxes and mailing them.  Later I was able to meet with my childhood friend, Jodi, at Cracker Barrel.  It was so nice to catch up.   Then it was time to come home.









Our return trip was even smoother, however longer, than the trip there.  We did have a lengthy layover in Frankfurt.  And it also turns out that our airline, Lufthansa, was experiencing a strike.  The flight before ours was canceled, but luckily our flight was only slightly delayed.  We were very excited to see Charlie.  I will have to say that Zach was pretty much at the end of his rope.  All was well until we were standing at baggage claim, waiting for our bags to appear.  Baggage claim is secure at this airport so I had to do that solo.  He was such a little stinker!  Anyway, the kids were stoked to be home and see all their toys (remember, our household goods were delivered the day we left).  I've spent that last two days feverishly unpacking and putting away.  We are recovering from the jet lag and getting back to the typical routine.

0 comments: