About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

The Hollowell family wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving. We have so many things to be thankful for and are so blessed. I've never had such a low-key Thanksgiving Day. I woke early only because I had homework that was due and wanted to complete it before the kids woke. Fortunately Zach woke right after I finished submitting it so the timing was perfect. We hung out all morning, doing a few chores and trying to begin potty training Zach. We had 11:00 reservations for the buffet dinner. Zach was a sport and tried a variety of dishes while Clara stuck to the tried and true. She was thrilled to discover they had a special menu with kids in mind of corn dogs and chicken strips. Zach did fairly well and uttered a few "mmmm mmmm mmms"and Clara Grace acted very much the proper young lady. I dug in and enjoyed the traditional holiday fare. I even ate cornbread dressing!
Desert was delicious, however Zach took over my pumpkin pie. Luckily they neither one were interested in my sliver of pecan pie. He must have gotten plenty because he actually fell asleep as I read The Cat in the Hat to him after we got home. That is the first time I have ever actually put one of the kids to sleep while reading.

We miss all of our family very much. We especially miss Charlie and hope he had a good day.

Happy Thanksgiving!