About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Way to go Zach!

I'll preface this with the statement that I know nothing about potty training. I can give you my experience, but will stop short of offering advice. Working with Clara Grace was unpleasant. I've been really lax with Zach. I bought the potty quite some time ago, have pull ups and big boy undies stocked and have offered lots of encouragement. A few weeks ago I made a potty chart for the bathroom and showed him star stickers and said he could have a gummy bear each time he uses the potty. So far, no interest. He would sit, but not use it.

However, tonight we were getting ready for bed and Zach walks over to the potty and said he was going to use it. And he did! The whole family made a big deal about it, he got his sticker and gummy bear.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this starts a trend. He was really tickled with all the attention he got so we'll see.

1 comments:

Heather

Great news! Jason will be 3 on Saturday and we have made NO progress. Attempted and encouraged, but no success. Way to go Zach!