About Me

United States
We are a proud American family with our two kids and 11-year-old cat.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Wow! I finally figured it out!

Ok, it has been some time since my last post. This was due to moving and then discoving that while the entire page was in English, the login was in Japanese...and I don't read Japanese. Anyway, I finally messed around with it long enough to log in and now it appears to be all in English. Whew!

So, I'll probably be posting quite a few pics soon to sort of update what has been going on. Here are a few of the highlights:

I have a job! Last week I was called on Wednesday afternoon to interview the following day. I did. They offered the position. It is teaching a multi-age classroom of 2nd and 3rd graders. I started work on Monday and the students will come to me after the Christmas break.

Clara Grace started kindergarten! She is doing great and having a great time. She also is a Daisy in Girl Scouts and is a Spark in AWANA. She is just turning into a lovely young lady. She did give us a little scare when she had H1N1. The whole family was told to go home and not leave until we were fever-free for 24 hours. Oh, she also made the local base paper while enjoying her time at the Christmas party at Charlie's work where they sponsor a local orphanage.

Zach is just the sweetest little guy. Very relaxed and happy. I think his last weigh in had him just over 19lb and that was when Clara Grace had us in the urgent care due to H1N1 so that was close to 8 months old. He started daycare and is doing fairly well. Napping isn't really working out there, but so far his routines at home are the same.

Charlie is doing pretty good too. He did injure his knee again and an MRI revealed he had a complete ACL tear. Currently he is trying to get by for a while with physical therapy but has been told surgery is pretty likely. On a side note, his MRI was out in town so he was taken by an interpreter. Pretty neat! If and when he does have surgery, it will not be done locally.

Ok, that was as brief as it gets for me. Pictures to come.